There are only three days left in the month of September, and after that only three months left in the year. Fortunately, I always find the winter months to be the most fun. Halloween, Thanksgiving, Christmas and New Years. Two of these are often spent with friends, the others with family. Oh, and my birthday fits somewhere in there.
But as we reach this part of the year, there tends to be a large rush to complete several projects. The anthology’s due date is supposed to be around (preferably before) Halloween. That’s a difficult time, as although all the first drafts are turned in and edited, we still have to wait for the final ones to be returned, the legal agreements to be signed, then putting together the book and getting it on sale.
And on top of that, I’ve got to get my costume(s) together for Halloween. Uggggh, the work never ends.
I just realized I have until this weekend to finish a story for Cruentus Libri. Ugh, with little more than two weeks to finish my own piece for my anthology, I think I’ll have to take a day off of work.
Expect some big news next month folks.
Twas the night before Christmas and somewhere in the hab
A warrior roared, clad in a red stained rag
Behind him were the bodies of an Imperial Guard squad
And he screamed at his victims, “BLOOD FOR THE BLOOD GOD!”
You don't wanna know what Santa Marine does to the naughty children. Click to view and rate on DakkaDakka!
Merry Christmas and happy holidays folks!
This month, we’re hosting another competition with prizes. First place winner will receive a free normally priced novel from the Black Library (or any other novel from Amazon if nothing else interests them). Second place winner gets a copy of Hammer & Bolter magazine.
The winner will be announce just before New Years.
But we have a unique theme! You see, many cultures have holidays around this season. Christmas, Hanukkah, Kwanza, etcetera. So rather than trying to fit a Warhammer story around Christmas (which makes no sense), you are going to invent a holiday for us! Try to imagine a Dwarven style winter holiday, or devise an Eldar style holiday for example. Be creative, interesting or funny as you want. And don’t worry about canon, just have fun!
A few rules:
1) The deadline will be December 25th so the judges will have time to review.
2) The word limit is around 2,000 words. We’ll make some allowances for going over this limit but please only go crazy with the quality of the words and not the quantity.
3) One entry per person.
4) Warhammer, Warhammer 40k and all fictional stories are welcome.
5) All other regular Bolthole rules apply.
6) To enter, just paste your story on the forum post. If you posted some story elsewhere, just copy and paste it on the forum so we can keep track of it.
7) Once the entries are in, LordLucan, He2etic and a mystery judge will figure out which stories are the winners. We hope to announce the winner right before New Years.
Happy holidays and Merry Christmas! And good luck writers!