Twas the night before Christmas and somewhere in the hab
A warrior roared, clad in a red stained rag
Behind him were the bodies of an Imperial Guard squad
And he screamed at his victims, “BLOOD FOR THE BLOOD GOD!”
Merry Christmas and happy holidays folks!
This month, we’re hosting another competition with prizes. First place winner will receive a free normally priced novel from the Black Library (or any other novel from Amazon if nothing else interests them). Second place winner gets a copy of Hammer & Bolter magazine.
The winner will be announce just before New Years.
But we have a unique theme! You see, many cultures have holidays around this season. Christmas, Hanukkah, Kwanza, etcetera. So rather than trying to fit a Warhammer story around Christmas (which makes no sense), you are going to invent a holiday for us! Try to imagine a Dwarven style winter holiday, or devise an Eldar style holiday for example. Be creative, interesting or funny as you want. And don’t worry about canon, just have fun!
A few rules:
1) The deadline will be December 25th so the judges will have time to review.
2) The word limit is around 2,000 words. We’ll make some allowances for going over this limit but please only go crazy with the quality of the words and not the quantity.
3) One entry per person.
4) Warhammer, Warhammer 40k and all fictional stories are welcome.
5) All other regular Bolthole rules apply.
6) To enter, just paste your story on the forum post. If you posted some story elsewhere, just copy and paste it on the forum so we can keep track of it.
7) Once the entries are in, LordLucan, He2etic and a mystery judge will figure out which stories are the winners. We hope to announce the winner right before New Years.
Happy holidays and Merry Christmas! And good luck writers!